Thursday, October 15, 2009

SCEA study guide - progress update

We're pretty much finished with the book edits now. One chapter still looks light and that content will be finished this weekend. But we've underestimated the time the publication process takes at Pearson. Greg tells me that we're looking at late December / early January for the book to be physically on the bookshelves.

Apologies for setting expectations of mid-October in my blog posts - I didn't realise the time the publication process takes. To mitigate this publication delay, we'll be getting the Rough Cuts content updated with the latest version as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is possible to read the following notes on amazon.co.uk:

Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide by Mark Cade and Humphrey Sheil (Paperback - 28 Feb 2010)
Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.

Do you confirm the availability from february even in Europe (Italy)?

Best Regards
Giampiero

Unknown said...

A printed copy is nice but I will be happy if I get a near complete PDF by the end of October

damog said...

Hi Humphrey

Sounds good.
I was hoping the compelte the exam portion by the end of December.#
Will this be possible by purchasing a version of the updated rough cuts from Safari?

Thanks
Damien

Unknown said...

Dear author,

I'm waitting your book for several month, my voucher will out date till December this year, so sorry not be able to see your book this year.

hope your book will help others in the future.