Thursday, October 22, 2009

Addressing book comments on previous post

I just wanted to address some of the comments posted against the previous post in a standalone post (posting my comments against previous comments inline isn't a great way for people to see replies).

A new version of the book was pushed to Rough Cuts late last week and there is another one waiting to go as well. As I understand it from Pearson, Safari are in the middle of a software upgrade at the mo, hence the tardiness in pushing updated content onto Rough Cuts.

Once, the next version of the book makes it onto Rough Cuts, I'll be happy that it represents the content for most of the chapters that you'll see in the published book, i.e. go ahead and use it to revise. The one exception is chapter nine, where I consider the content in that chapter to be the bare minimum you need to provide in part two of the exam to pass. We'll be beefing up the UML diagrams and associated English text in that chapter. So the content in chapter nine is correct, but not yet sufficient, for part two.

7 comments:

debashish said...

I just purchased the online/PDF version and it seems the PDF is old one. There are no review questions, graphics are missing and there are only 95 or something pages.

Unknown said...

Hi, check with Rough Cuts - there is a much later version of the book already available online.

Humphrey

debashish said...

The last update date at Safari is shows as 2009/10/16. I tried downloading the PDF and funnily it has no text at all, 92 pages with only headings/sub-headings and my name as annoying watermark on each page. Didn't expect this from Safari.

damog said...

Hi Humphrey

Have you received any indication from pearsons of when the updated version of the book will be up on rough cuts?

Unknown said...

Hi

The update from Greg at Pearson is: "The latest versions are in the queue with Safari, but the site won't be updated until the new Safari interface goes live. That should happen this week."

As soon as I get the notification email, I'll update the blog to let you know.

Humphrey

Ranjit said...

Hi Humphrey,
I am waiting for when will the chapter nine for part be updated with diagrams. I really have been waiting for it for some time now.
Can you please inform us about it?

Thanks,
Ranjit

Anonymous said...

Hi

Any further updates on this book from Greg?